Perth Hip Hop Star - I Wish I Was Black

16 July 2013, 7:34am

Perth born hip hop artist, 'De-Raft', has revealed to his fans that he resents being born a Caucasian male, he released the following statement on Monday night:

"Yo heads, life can be cruel, that's how life be. I came into this world as a white man, when clearly, judging  by the way that I talk and these fresh kicks I'm wearing, I should've been born a black man. Not from one of those mosquito countries though, like Detroit or some shit. One love x".

The Bell Tower Times arranged to meet with De-Raft over a pint at the Flying Scotsman in Mount Lawley, we warn that the following interview may confuse some readers:

BTT:        
Thanks for talking to us. When did you first resent being white?

De-Raft:   
Ah, shit son, probably when that Biggie joint dropped, ya know, Hypnotize.  There was just                          no way other white boys were feeling that joint like I was, man.

BTT:       
Totally. do you think your inner African American ever seeps through?

De-Raft: 
Ah yeh, no doubt, no doubt. You see the way I do the hip hop hands when I'm spitting? or how                i greet my friends with "yo dog", or those braids that i got done up in Bali? All that shit.                      Realtalk.

BTT:       
Yes. We do notice that. Has your family been supportive of your battle?

De-Raft:  
Dog, i think they are embarrassed ay. Your turn to buy the next 40 ounce *DMX style                         barking*.

BTT:       
Sure. 

Every once and while you walk away from an interview without having learnt a thing. Not because the interviewee wasn't cooperative, but because he speaks in riddles. You can catch De-Raft perform at the Rosemount Hotel this Saturday night. "Real Talk".


1 Readers Comments:

  • Anonymous says:
    September 7, 2014 at 1:22 PM

    When some one searches for his essential thing, so he/she wishes to be available
    that in detail, so that thing is maintained over here.


    Also visit my homepage: fetish chat room

Post a Comment

Have your say